We are hiring Nurse Externs!
The clinical extern will be working in the capacity as unregulated health care provider. Nursing clinical externs work in collaboration with a unit nursing team under direct and/or indirect supervision of an appointed registered nursing professional. They may perform pre-identified Controlled Acts authorized to nursing within the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) of Ontario delegated to them under the supervision of a nursing professional who is authorized to perform them. Externs will be hired on contract, during which the Extern will work part time hours to a maximum of full-time hours (37.5 hours per week). The scheduling of these hours will be determined based on unit needs and may include day/evening/night and weekend shifts.
• Nursing Students in any year of study and enrolled in a CNO approved baccalaureate or diploma nursing program
• Demonstrated evidence of excellent academic standing
• Current certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support required
• Completion of mandatory/required certifications provided via corporate orientation, including extern orientation, and as defined by unit (e.g., Fit Test, WHIMS, AODA, IP&C)
• Demonstrated infection prevention and control practices
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Successful completion of a recent clinical placement in an acute care area preferred
• Students who have successfully completed a recent clinical placement preferred
For more information on extern positions visit:
For Groves Memorial Community Hospital - Click Here
For North Wellington Heath Care - Click Here
(Louise Marshall and Palmerston Hospitals)
The Community Commitment Nursing Program (CCPN) provides incentives (up to $25,000) to eligible nurses in exchange for a two-year commitment to their employer.
Here are the eligibility requirements for the CCPN for both employers and nurses.
To be eligible for the CCPN bonus incentive program, a nurse must:
- Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six months prior to being hired;
- Hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Begin employment no later than March 31, 2024;
- Commit to two-years of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer; and
- Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses.